At the Credit Bureau of Owen Sound we provide a seamless transition from collections to legal on accounts where a customer will not pay voluntarily.
Our focus is on servicing our client’s litigation needs with integrity, while achieving the best possible results in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.
SMALL CLAIMS COURT
The mandate of the Small Claims Court is to hear and determine cases for matters such as unpaid loans, credit card debt, unpaid products, merchandise, equipment, services, rental arrears, damages etc. to a maximum dollar amount of $25,000.00. The Small Claims Court was designed with the idea in mind that an ordinary person with no legal education could access the court system to solve small balance disputes in a timely and cost efficient manner.
The Credit Bureau of Owen Sound Limited has a paralegal on staff to help you understand the complex court procedures, which can be confusing and intimidating. We have the knowledge and skills to participate effectively from the claim process to the collection of your outstanding account through enforcement means.
What we can do for you:
- Drafting and filing of Claims and Defences
- Preparation and attendance at Settlement Conference Hearings/Terms of Payment Hearings
- Preparation and attendance at Trials
- Preparation and attendance on Motions, Examinations, Contempt Hearings and Garnishment Hearings
- Garnishments – Employment, Contracts, Bank Accounts
- Writ of Seizure and Sale Against Lands
- Judgment Debtor Examinations
- Transfer of Tribunal Orders to the Small Claims Court for Asset Recovery
- Restitution Orders for Asset Recovery
The Credit Bureau of Owen Sound Limited utilizes the professional expertise of a local trusted lawyer to assist our clients with matters that exceed the maximum amount allowed in Small Claims and must be dealt with in Superior Court.